Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ramadan Prayer- Day 1

Our attitudes

Unbelief, Belief and Love

Scriptures to meditate and proclaim in prayer: Mt. 19:26,

Jeremiah 32:27, Romans 12:1-2


It is often said that Muslims are hard to reach with the Gospel. For religious, cultural and spiritual reasons this is often

true. However it is not impossible. The Bible tells us that nothing

is impossible for God (Mt. 19:26). Do I agree with God that

nothing is too hard for Him?


Faith is important but do I also love Muslims? What is my

most profound reaction when I meet them, when I see them

on television? How would I react if a man in Islamic clothing

came to my church? How would I react if a new believer from

a Muslim background wanted to marry into my family? Would

I be willing to give a thousand dollars so someone could proclaim

the Gospel among Muslims? Would I be willing to sit and

eat with a Muslim in a crowded restaurant? Have I been involved

in criticizing them without knowing them? Am I fearful

of Muslims? Is my main attitude toward them one of mistrust?

Am I able to do as Jesus says, “You shall love your neighbour as

yourself”? Is this my desire, is this my goal?


Be honest with God. Pray as He directs you. (Use the scriptures

cited above.) If it seems appropriate, pray for yourself and / or

other believers around the world who may also be struggling

with their attitudes, ideas and actions toward Muslims.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP